not about suggestion for ballot: :allow-other-keys

    Date: Tue, 10 May 1983  18:57 EDT
    From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>

    I've always thought that &allow-other-keys was a crock, and that
    unrecognized keywords should just be quietly ignored.
Does this mean you also think that missing required arguments should
default to nil and extraneous arguments should be quietly ignored?
Note that I said that supplying an unrecognized keyword "is an error",
not "signals an error."  This was quite deliberate.  I also never said
whether the checking was done at run time, link time, or compile time,
also quite deliberately.  The rest of your message speaks for itself.