&allow-other-keys

No, I don't think that missing required args should default to nil or
that extraneous arguments should be ignored.  But keyword lists have a sort
of built-in safety about them that counted-and-ordered argument lists
don't have.  Or at least they would if misspelling could be ruled out.

I don't really expect to win on this one, and am not entirely sure that
I want to.  A trial balloon, as they say in Washington.

If we continue with the current &allow-other-keys business, the
:allow-other-keys extension doesn't seem too bad.  It adds complexity,
but I have nothing less complex to propose.

-- Scott