structure type specifier

    Date: Mon, 7 Dec 87 22:23 EST
    From: Christopher Fry <cfry@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU>

    STRUCTURE is not a legal type specifier according to
    CLtL p 43 table of type specifier symbols.
    Seems awfully useful & natural to me.
    Has CLtL been superceded? Did I miss some reference somewhere?
    Similarly STRUCTUREP isn't a CL function.
    Does anyone have a CL implementation without structurep or equivalent?

Actually, it doesn't seem "awfully useful & natural" to me.
Natural, yes, but since CLtL doesn't have any primitives
for dealing with structures at all, it doesn't seem incredibly
useful.

But that's the fault of CL, and not your idea.  Symbolics CL
provides NAMED-STRUCTURE-P and the STRUCTURE type.  Types
created by DEFSTRUCT are all subtypes of STRUCTURE.

If you know where to find them, there are also tools for decoding a
structure.