Re: structure type specifier

    Date: Tue, 8 Dec 87  09:48:07 EST
    From: baldwin@ACORN

    In all of my tools I continually find myself wanting to
    find out if an argument is a structure precisely BECAUSE Common Lisp
    doesn't provide primitives for getting inside a structure - knowing
    that something is a structure then tells the printer/inspector/etc
    that it has to punt (e.g., hope the user provided a decent
    :print-function, or something like that).

Presumably your tools also have to punt if the object is of a type not
mentioned at all in CLtL (e.g. a flavor).  So the structure case could
be handled by the T clause in your TYPECASE.  Unless it can do something
different with structures than it does with other undecipherable
objects there doesn't seem to be a need for a way to distinguish them.

                                                barmar