[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Plists and NIL.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Plists and NIL.
- From: Daniels.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1987 15:34:00 -0000
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org (D. Loewenstern)'s message of Thu, 9 Jul 87 09:16:07 EDT
You seem to be confused. GETF always operates on an immediate plist,
unlike GET, which operates on the plist of a given symbol. Thus (GETF Z
:A) always refers to the plist that is the value of the variable Z.
Whether or not NIL is a symbol or has a plist does not enter into the
picture. The correct result of
(setq z ())
(setf (getf z :a) :b)
is the list (:a :b).
-- Andy. --