[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Redefining CL fns
- To: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Redefining CL fns
- From: Mike Hewett <HEWETT@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU>
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 87 22:24:43 PDT
As someone more concerned with using Common LISP and in
the portability of it, I can't believe any responsible
software engineer would even think of redefining a
CL-defined function, macro, or special form.
Therefore, the question of allowing redefinition is purely
a CL environment implementation question, and I would think
that it should be perfectly legal to protect the user from
himself and not allow redefinition.
- Compiling CASE
- From: David C. Plummer <DCP@quabbin.scrc.symbolics.com>