Recursive COMPILE-FILE?

        Is a Common Lisp compiler required to correctly handle forms such as:

        (eval-when (compile)
          (compile-file "utils"))

    I think you need to define "correctly handle" a little more explicitly.

--------
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  I usually follow such a form with a form like:

(eval-when (compile)
  (load "utils"))

This pair of forms produces a useful result in the implementations I am using,
because it assures (in these implementations) that functions I have declared
inline will actually be coded inline.  By "correctly handle" I meant that the
file "utils" should be compiled (producing a side-effect on the file system)
and that the compilation of the main file should continue without error.  I
didn't think that whether or not I decided to load the resulting fasload file
had any bearing on the question.

				--Stuart
-------