[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: mike%acorn@LIVE-OAK.LCS.MIT.EDU
- Subject: EVAL
- From: Alan Bawden <ALAN@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 86 00:24:12 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA, Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU, Sean.Engelson@CAD.CS.CMU.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Tue 25 Nov 86 02:36 est from mike%acorn at mit-live-oak.arpa
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 86 02:36 est
From: mike%acorn at mit-live-oak.arpa
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 86 17:32 EST
From: Alan Bawden <Alan@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>
... This demonstrates that LEXICAL-EVAL would have to be a new
special form, rather than simply a function.
This same issue seems to come up over and over. Will someone tell
me what is wrong with the following argument:...
I'm not quite sure what your proposed source transformation was supposed to
demonstrate. How do you compile
(defun bind-x-then-call-f (x f)
(funcall f `(cons x x)))
given that anyone can do
(bind-x-then-call-f 'foo #'lexical-eval)?
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>