[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Alan Bawden <ALAN@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>
- Subject: Re: EVAL
- From: Sean.Engelson@cad.cs.cmu.edu
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1986 15:29:00 -0000
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Alan Bawden's mail message of Wed, 26 Nov 86 00:24:12 EST
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 86 00:24:12 EST
From: Alan Bawden <ALAN@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>
I'm not quite sure what your proposed source transformation was supposed to
demonstrate. How do you compile
(defun bind-x-then-call-f (x f)
(funcall f `(cons x x)))
given that anyone can do
(bind-x-then-call-f 'foo #'lexical-eval)?
Yes, but given lexical-eval as a special form, you couldn't do that.
Perhaps lexical-eval could substitute lexical values for the variables
in its argument, then eval the result?
- Prev by Date:
- Next by Date:
- Previous by thread:
- Next by thread: