Re: OPS-5 in Common Lisp

For what it's worth, I ported OPS-5 from Franz to CL a while ago but
haven't been sending it around because I didn't know what restrictions
applied (there is a copyright notice at the beginning).

My port wasn't meant to be very efficient because I wanted to use
techniques that would apply to arbitrary Franz programs without
my understanding how they worked.  So, for example, rather than
eliminate the fexprs, I had an automatic way to define them as a
combination of a macro and a function.

Anyway, I would also be interested in knowing whether I can redistribute
this, as there is some demand for it in the UK.

I have run some benchmarks using things like the monkey and banana problem,
but I would be interested in better tests if anyone has some.

-- Jeff