[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Proposal #9 Status: Variable Name Conflicts
- To: "David C. Plummer" <DCP@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
- Subject: Proposal #9 Status: Variable Name Conflicts
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1986 19:06:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 28 Jul 1986 11:52-EDT from David C. Plummer <DCP at QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
Doing the multiple variable name check for PROGV would require an N^2
check at runtime instead of compile time.
So don't check. This "is an error", not "signals an error". Besides,
PROGV is a special-case hack that is inherently slow compared tot eh
things people actually use a lot.
ps: I only recently read the mail about etiquette.
Please read it a couple more times and then meditate on how it might
apply to this batch of posts you have just sent.