[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tail Recursion in Common Lisp ???
- To: James Parker <Parker.es@XEROX.COM>
- Subject: Tail Recursion in Common Lisp ???
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1986 19:47:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 16 Jul 1986 15:41-EDT from James Parker <Parker.es at Xerox.COM>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
ok, ok, my question was sloppily worded. does the definition of Common
Lisp require that all implementations have tail recursion optimization ?
No. It has even been suggested that the current definition does not
allow tail-recursion optimization -- that's an issue we have to settle
soon, and I hope that we'll be able to work out a solution in which this