Types of Functions

    (typep foo 'function) causes an error to be signalled according to
    page 47.  Perhaps that is why functionp is not defined in terms of it?
    :-)

I'm not sure what the scope of your :-) keyword is meant to be (this is
not defined in the current spec), but I have always read the passage on
page 47 as outlawing Typep on the complex list form of the Function
type-specifier.  The wording here is ambiguous about whether the simple
form, (typep foo 'function), is legal, and I see no reason for this not
to be legal.  I guess this is another thing we need to clarify.

-- Scott