Re: Argument lists

    I'm still not convinced that speed is of critical importance here, but
    it is clear to me that your perception of the need for this possibly
    faster way of getting parameter info is stronger than my desire to
    reduce the number of functions by one.  Maybe you're right.  I give up.

    Revised proposal:

    Let's add both FUNCTION-PARAMETERS and FUNCTION-PARAMETER-RANGE.

    Can anybody not live with THAT?

    -- Scott

Sorry, I tried, but I can't resist...

Isn't the proper "Common Lisp" solution to this issue to say that the compiler
ought to recognize calls to FUNCTION-PARAMETERS that only use the first two
values and, in implementations where FUNCTION-PARAMETER-RANGE would be faster,
convert those calls to calls on SYS:FUNCTION-PARAMETER-RANGE (now an internal
function)?

  Alan
-------