[no subject]

Having heard of the problems on the LISP package extensions,
I got tempted to add the following constant into our system.

   THOSE-SYMBOLS-THAT-ARE-ADDED-IN-THE-LISP-PACKAGE             [Constant]
   The value of this constant is a list of those symbols that are added in
   the LISP package by the implementation.  An external symbol in the LISP
   package must be either the one specified in CLtL or an element of this
   list, may not be both.  It is expected that the value of this constant
   be NIL.

(The name does not matter.)

With this constant, implementors of portable code could do the shadowing
easily.

   (SHADOW THOSE-SYMBOLS-THAT-ARE-ADDED-IN-THE-LISP-PACKAGE)

I know this would not solve all the problem, but it is better than nothing.
At least, Gregor's PCL code might become clearer, if all CL implementations
support this kind of constant.  Any comments?

-- Taiichi