[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA
- Subject: Re: with-output-to-string
- From: Alan Snyder <snyder%hplsny@hplabs.ARPA>
- Date: Monday, April 28, 1986 09:00:36
- Cc: common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Your message of 23-Apr-86 22:31:00
In some implementations WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING does not work by calling
MAKE-STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM, since the former stream has dynamic extent
and the latter stream has indefinite extent.
That makes sense, but the ability for a user to create an output stream
to an existing string would still be useful.
The extension I think you are proposing is reasonable as an extension.
Do you propose that GET-OUTPUT-STREAM-STRING be allowed on that type
That is not required, but would seem useful.