Re: Standardization

    To: common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA
    Subject: Re: Standardization
    Date: Mon, 24 Mar 86 17:24:32 -0500
    From: Liz Allen <liz@brillig.umd.edu>

    I once tried to port some code that ran fine under DEC Common Lisp
    to LMI's Common Lisp and had *lots* of trouble -- in fact, I finally
    had to give up.  Now the system I was porting (Drew McDermott's
    deductive retrieval system, DUCK) did some interesting things and
    was probably pushing some things beyond their normal limits.

I have ported DUCK several times (actually, several times too many . . .),
and it could hardly be considered a candidate for most portable program
of the year.

    Has anyone else tried porting common lisp code from one
    implementation to another?  If so, how did it go?

I have also ported several other medium-sized CL programs, between
Symbolics, TI, Gold Hill, NIL, and others, and have been fairly happy
with how it went.