[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA
- Subject: EVAL-WHEN
- From: Jeffrey P. Golden <jpg@ALLEGHENY.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 86 15:48 EST
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <860404104902.1.GLS@THINK-KATHERINE.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 86 10:49 EST
From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 86 18:23 -EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
Date: 1 Apr 86 09:14:00 EST
From: "BACH::GREEK" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mr. Fry has begun our bimonthly discussion of EVAL-WHEN (on April 1,
I agree with you. EVAL-WHEN is intended to control when the normal processing
of its body is done and is not intended to imply that that processing is done
by the function EVAL. The choice of name is perhaps poor.
But DO-WHEN, the obvious alternative, is even worse.
Moon's English suggests PROCESS-WHEN .
- From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>