[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
buffered output and prompting
- To: SANDRA <LOOSEMORE@UTAH-20.ARPA>
- Subject: buffered output and prompting
- From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1986 19:53:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA, NGALL@BBNG.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 21 Feb 1986 14:27-EST from SANDRA <LOOSEMORE at UTAH-20.ARPA>
At one point, there was a prompting function in the Common Lisp
spec. This is another thing that was flushed due to controversiality.
Most people won't dispute that some sort of prompting capability is
useful; the problem is deciding what to provide and how. If you have
a proposal, speak up.
In my message, I was pointing out that it is possible to use OS
prompting features without having a language prompt notion.
Regardless of the desirability of a prompting function, you should
probably support users printing their own prompts.