[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Collecting proposals for packages, readtables, etc.
- To: Jonathan A Rees <JAR@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Subject: Collecting proposals for packages, readtables, etc.
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1986 01:34:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 28 Feb 1986 13:07-EST from Jonathan A Rees <JAR at MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
I simply want to be able to set the
readtable (and package) with which a *source* file will be *read* by
COMPILE-FILE and LOAD.
Pending a resolution of these heavy issues, I would say that in a Lisp
where Compile-File and/or Load uses the current package and readtable,
there's no problem in rebinding this before doing the call. Any Lisp in
which Compile-File and/or Load insist on binding the package to some
particular value should allow this to be over-ridden, presumably by a
:package keyword argument. Moon says that Symbolics has this already.