Re: Environment Committee

> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1986  09:37 EST
> From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@edu.cmu.cs.c>
> Subject: Environment Committee
>
> Initially we even wanted to leave open the question of whether the
> compiler was written in Lisp, though I don't think anyone has exercised
> the option not to do this and we may want to put that particular freedom
> to rest.

The PopLog Common Lisp compiler is written in Pop11.  Incidently, this system
also exercises another of the more unusual implementation options: there is no
interpreter per se: EVAL just compiles and calls the resulting code.

PopLog, from the University of Sussex, is a mixed-language system which
includes Pop11, Prolog, and (when it's finished) Common Lisp.  For anyone
who is interested, the best person to contact there is probably Aaron Sloman.
An address that might work is:
	aarons%uk.ac.susx.svga@ucl-cs.arpa

-- Jeff