TRUE, FALSE

    Date: Sun, 9 Mar 86 18:40 EST
    From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>

    For the next edition, could we introduce functions TRUE and FALSE ...

Why not just a function CONSTFN that takes a value and returns a function
that will return that value?

(DEFUN CONSTFN (X) #'(LAMBDA (&REST Z) (DECLARE (IGNORE Z)) X))

or, for more generality:

(DEFUN CONSTFN (&REST X) #'(LAMBDA (&REST Z) (DECLARE (IGNORE Z)) (VALUES-LIST X)))

Then instead of #'TRUE you just say (CONSTFN T).  All very Schemish.
(And I know at least thirty people out there will scream with horror,
"But that CONSES!" and they will be right.)
--Guy