[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Compiling functions which appear inside top-level forms.
- To: Gregor.pa@XEROX.COM
- Subject: Compiling functions which appear inside top-level forms.
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1986 16:19:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 10 Feb 1986 16:05-EST from Gregor.pa at Xerox.COM
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
Again speaking only for Spice Lisp, I believe that our compiler does not
create any extra hair in compiled code for getting at lexical variables
unless it is actually needed. Simply compiling somethign in a non-null
lexical environment will not cost you anything.