Amatuer Archivists (again)

On a more serious note, I receive anywhere between 20 and 100 messages a
day by electronic mail.  Not infrequently there are three or four
distinct conversations on the common-lisp mailing list alone, and then
there are other mailing lists, as well as mail related to work I
actually get paid for.  I often find it helpful to have some previous
context for each message.  Maybe I tend to overdo it because I rely on
it more than others do.  I'm sorry that I upset you.
--Guy