	Tim

    Date: Tue, 26 Nov 85 15:04 EST
    From: Guy Steele <gls at THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>

    On a more serious note, I receive anywhere between 20 and 100 messages a
    day by electronic mail.  Not infrequently there are three or four
    distinct conversations on the common-lisp mailing list alone, and then
    there are other mailing lists, as well as mail related to work I
    actually get paid for.  I often find it helpful to have some previous
    context for each message.  Maybe I tend to overdo it because I rely on
    it more than others do.  I'm sorry that I upset you.
    --Guy