Recursive printing proposal

The right way to fix this is to give the user some way to obtain the
current depth (the structure printing stuff already has this), and some
way to pass the depth to use as an optional or keyword argument to Write
(and maybe to the other printing thingies).  This seems much simpler to
me than adding printer continuations and such to the language.  The
other suggestions were merely for quick and dirty fixes that might fall
within the current language spec, but I guess we'd better not play that
game lest such things get locked in.

-- Scott