[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Recursive printing proposal
- To: Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Recursive printing proposal
- From: "George J. Carrette" <GJC@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 85 20:24:55 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA, KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of Fri 22 Nov 1985 16:51 EST from Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at C.CS.CMU.EDU>
One way to deal with printer extensions is to make them a bit more
formal, like the SETF extension mechanism which is less general then
macro definition but gets the intended job done with less duplicated work.
In the implementations that people have now I venture to say they could
look at the way that circular-print is handled, and build at least
PRINT-DEPTH handling into that. Maybe we should adopt a "programmable
printer" like that of Hawkinson, or a cleaned-up version of Waters?