Re: Backquote idioms

    Date: Wed, 22 May 85 16:41 EDT
    From: David C. Plummer in disguise <DCP@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>

    I am not saying that 69 levels of backquote should not be defined.  I am
    saying that it should not be encouraged for people writing programs.

I rather doubt that any users, upon seeing the explanation in the manual,
will then rush to their terminals so use triple-nested backquotes.  It's
not something that people will be "encouraged" to use; in fact, most people
will have a very hard time figuring out why you'd ever use it.  So I don't
think there's much to worry about.