[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Earl A. Killian <EAK@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Subject: values-list
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 85 16:15 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: The message of 28 Mar 85 14:52-EST from Earl A. Killian <EAK at MIT-MC>
Date: 28 March 1985 14:52-EST
From: Earl A. Killian <EAK @ MIT-MC>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 85 13:36 EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
What's wrong with (APPLY #'VALUES-LIST A B C L)?
You mean (APPLY #'VALUES A B C L). This is actually where the
idea comes from.
I don't really care about this; I was just observing that an
obvious extension exists. If I wanted to be argumentative my
reply would be
"The same thing that's wrong with (APPLY #'VALUES L)
that caused (VALUES-LIST L) to be added to the language."
Indeed, I wouldn't care to defend the presence of VALUES-LIST in the language.