[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arg count checking
- To: card.pa@Xerox.ARPA, masinter.pa@Xerox.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Arg count checking
- From: fateman%ucbdali@Berkeley (Richard Fateman)
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 85 19:46:33 pst
- Cc: bug-1100@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA, common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
A heretical suggestion:
(let ((staple? t)) (nsprint 'mprinter)).
Using dynamic scope and global variables has been widely used in
Interlisp and other systems to great advantage (and disadvantage).
Setting up your default nsprint environment by setq's and then locally
overriding is handy, though I suppose this is possible to do by
initializing the optional arguments according to whether global variables
of the same name are bound etc.