PROBE-FILE

At the risk of continuing a well-beaten subject:

I agree with Kent that there is no pleasant way of returning all the
possible errors from PROBE-FILE, and that some kind of objecty signalling
facility is probably the right way to go.

However, I just really have a problem with handling "normal" errors
using an error system.  I can barely keep from gagging when I have to
wrap an UNWIND-PROTECT around something every six months or so.
To have to wrap various signal-handling forms all over the place...

- Paul