macr --> declares

I complained about this a while ago, and at the time, no one seemed to think
it worth changing the language definition. But it is a useful feature, and
not having macros expand into declarations won't avoid having some macros
needing to parse declarations.
While we're into complaining about declarations, I'd like to grouse about
type declarations not being meaningful when not applied to a binding in
the immediate special form or macro. The ability to say that a variable
will always be a certain type within a small body of code is very useful
and very common. Officially, requiring one to write a LET or the like just
so one can write a type declaration is very annoying.
			---Walter