[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How constant are defconstants?
- To: Jim Meehan <Meehan@YALE.ARPA>
- Subject: How constant are defconstants?
- From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Wed, 03 Oct 1984 23:49:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 3 Oct 1984 17:57-EDT from Jim Meehan <Meehan at YALE.ARPA>
Although defconstants are second-rate constants as compared to
literal constants inline in code, I think that previous decisions
forbidding modification of constants would apply here. In any case,
you can obtain the desired effect by specifying the contents at the
time the array is created:
(defconstant the-data (make-array n :initial-contents
(list <long-computation> ...)))