[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Proposed new type expression
- To: <MOON%SCRC-TENEX@MIT-ML.ARPA>
- Subject: Proposed new type expression
- From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1984 03:10:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 3 Jan 1984 17:36-EST from <MOON at SCRC-TENEX>
It looks to me like this fills a real need and does so rather elegantly.
I think this would be a useful thing to include in the second edition,
and maybe to adopt as an informal standard before that, if any mechanism
for doing this is set up. I don't much like the looks of DECLARE in
this role, but at present I have nothing better to propose. It does
have a certain logic to it.