[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Rounding on output
- To: Robert A. Cassels <Cassels%SCRC-TENEX%MIT-MC@SU-DSN>
- Subject: Re: Rounding on output
- From: Guy.Steele@CMU-CS-A
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1983 03:44:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI
- In-reply-to: "Robert A. Cassels's message of 16 Jun 83 17:47-EST"
I agree with your clarified text on ideal floating-point I/O.
For the last eight months I have been one month away from completing
a paper containing what I claim, with proofs, to be a completely
correct and accurate binary-to-decimal floating-point conversion
algorithm. (It has been continuously punted in favor of the Common
LISP Manual.) It is my hope that this algorithm will prove suitable
for use in Common LISP implementations.