[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Memorial Day Ballot
- To: Fahlman @ CMU-CS-C
- Subject: Memorial Day Ballot
- From: Earl A. Killian <EAK @ MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed, 01 Jun 1983 03:30:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp @ SU-AI
- In-reply-to: Msg of Mon 30 May 1983 02:18 EDT from Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at CMU-CS-C>
3. [GET-INTERNAL-TIME, GET-REAL-TIME]
Certainly both both forms of time are needed. The whole set
of time functions needs improving. I'll send another message
4. [white page macros expand into implementation-independent code]
I am in favor of this. I am also in favor of adding enough
functionality to Common Lisp to make this possible. I don't
think the language is currently portable enough.
I am strongly in favor of a PROCLAIM function. A PROCLAIM
special form is not useful.
I am strongly in favor of this.
How about :NAMED-TYPE or :TYPE-NAME?
Yes, but rename it *READ-BASE*.
15. [renaming i/o variables etc.]
20. [APROPOS, PPRINT return value]
0 values sounds good to me.
21. [package for features]
I prefer allowing feature variables to be in any package, and
to be read normally.