[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(MULTIPLE-VALUE (NIL ...) ...)
- To: Kent M. Pitman <KMP@MIT-MC>
- Subject: (MULTIPLE-VALUE (NIL ...) ...)
- From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>
- Date: Wed, 01 Jun 1983 22:54:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI
- In-reply-to: Msg of 1 Jun 1983 16:53 EDT from Kent M. Pitman <KMP at MIT-MC>
I question the general usefulness KMP's proposed NTH-VALUE form. In
most cases where the user wants just one value, he wants the first one.
If he wants some interior value, he is likely to be using
MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND instead of MULTIPLE-VALUE. So it seems to me that
there would be very few places where NTH-VALUE would be useful.