[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PROG1 as a function
- To: Michael Greenwald <Greenwald@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: PROG1 as a function
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 89 14:29 EST
- Cc: barmar@Think.COM, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <19890104191710.7.GREENWALD@NOEL-COWARD.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 89 14:17 EST
From: Michael Greenwald <Greenwald@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 89 13:49 EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
CLtL is vague about the order of evaluation of function arguments.
Actually, CLtL pg 61 says that the arguments and parameters are
processed in order, from left to right. I don't know if "processed"
implies "evaluated", but I always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) it did.
"Arguments" are the output from evaluation, not the input to evaluation.
Think about the case where the function was called by APPLY.