[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hash Tables and GC
- To: DDYER@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, Greenwald@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Hash Tables and GC
- From: Michael Greenwald <Greenwald@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 88 15:49 EDT
- Cc: COMMON-LISP@sail.stanford.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <19880907185230.5.DDYER@PURPLE.SWW.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 88 11:52 PDT
Just to throw a little light into this discussion: On Symbolics systems there
is a list of forms to be evaluated before any gc flip (ephemeral or dynamic).
It's possible to implement whatever kind of weak pointers strategy you want by
explicitly clearing whatever pointers are "weak" before the flip occurs. The
list is called SI:GC-EVERY-FLIP-LIST
How does this tell you whether there *are* any non-weak pointers to the
object in question?