[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
the KEYWORD package ...
- To: email@example.com@rutgers.edu
- Subject: the KEYWORD package ...
- From: David Bein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1988 23:20:00 -0000
Suppose we have a symbol which has no home package which is going
to be imported into the keyword package using one of IMPORT,SHADOW,
or SHADOWING-IMPORT. Should those functions "keyword-ize" the
symbol ala INTERN, i.e. should the value of the symbol be set
to itself? While on the subject, should the keyword package be
allowed to use (or be used by) other packages?
I am leaning in favor of:
(1) Anytime a symbol's home package is set to the keyword package,
the symbol is keywordized destroying any previous value.
(2) It should be an error for the keyword package to use (or be used by)
(3) It should be an error to import a symbol into the keyword package
which already has another home package.