[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: extending DEFSTRUCT
- To: "Robert W. Kerns" <RWK@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: extending DEFSTRUCT
- From: "Daniel L. Cerys" <Cerys@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 87 10:21:42 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Sun, 25 Oct 87 21:31 EST from Robert W. Kerns <RWK@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: cerys@RTS-12
> When *PRINT-STRUCTURE* in NIL:
> I think a slightly better name is *PRINT-STRUCTURE-CONTENTS*.
> (We've had this for a couple years).
I agree on the utility of this variable, but not on its name. Since
*PRINT-ARRAY* determines whether the contents of arrays are printed, a
variable named *PRINT-STRUCTURE* should do the same for structures.
Using *PRINT-STRUCTURE-CONTENTS* wouldn't be as clear.