[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
destructuring in macrolet?
- To: Don Morrison <DFM%JASPER@live-oak.lcs.mit.edu>
- Subject: destructuring in macrolet?
- From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 87 19:41 EST
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <871113183615.4.DFM@WHITBY.Palladian.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 87 18:36 EST
From: Don Morrison <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The language on page 146 of CLtL clearly implies that macrolet does not support
defmacro-style arglist destructuring:
Defmacro, unlike any other COMMON LISP construct that has a lambda-list as
part of its syntax, provides an additional facility known as destructuring.
According to the definition of MACROLET on page 113, it doesn't take a
lambda-list, it takes a "varlist". And at the top of page 114 it says
"MACROLET ... defines local macros, using the same format used by
DEFMACRO." I interpret that to mean that since DEFMACRO destructures,
so does MACROLET.