[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
fill-pointers and adjust-array
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org@RUTGERS.EDU
- Subject: fill-pointers and adjust-array
- From: David Bein <pyrnj!pyramid!bein@RUTGERS.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1987 19:30:00 -0000
Regarding the last message, I think that ADJUST-ARRAY should have the
following semantics for its :fill-pointer argument.
(1) If :fill-pointer is NIL or not supplied, it defaults to the
current value of the vector's fill-pointer.
(2) If :fill-pointer is T, then the fill-pointer is set to the
minimum of its current value or the length of the resulting
(3) Otherwise, :fill-pointer should be a non-negative integer less than
or equal to the size of the resulting array.
In all cases, an error occurs if the final value of the fill-pointer
is out of bounds.