[KAHLE@Aquinas.Think.COM: defstruct request for common lisp]

    Date: Fri, 18 Sep 87 14:43:08 EDT
    From: gls@Think.COM

    Date: Sat, 12 Sep 87 17:07 EDT
    From: Brewster Kahle <KAHLE@Aquinas.Think.COM>
    Subject: defstruct request for common lisp
    To: gls@godot.think.com
    Moon: 4 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes since the full moon.

    I wish there were a function like:
     (struction-slots <structure-name>) that returns the list of slots of a

    The obvious extension of this is to return the declarations and all, but
    I have never needed any of these.

    Im sure there are some hairy issues that I do not understand (like
    include), but I have wanted the vanilla version many times.

One idea that's been discussed that would do what you want, in fact do
something more general, is to redefine structures in terms of
object-oriented programming, if and after CLOS is accepted as part of
Common Lisp.  The basic idea is that CLOS would have a defined mechanism
for talking about slots and their properties.  I don't know whether
this idea is still current; I suspect it's mainly on the back burner
while the CLOS proposal itself is being finished.