[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SOME and Multiple Values
- To: ghenis.pasa@XEROX.COM
- Subject: SOME and Multiple Values
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1987 00:37:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of 16 Apr 1987 19:31-EDT from ghenis.pasa at Xerox.COM
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
Is it reasonable to expect SOME to return multiple values? CLtL says:
"SOME returns as soon as any invocation of predicate returns a non-nil
value. SOME returns that value."
What if the predicate returns multiple values?
No, for the same reason that OR returns only a single value for clauses
other than the last one. That is, the implicit NULL test "consumes" the
values returned from the predicate, discarding all but the last one.