[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
OR if some argument returns no values
- To: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: OR if some argument returns no values
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1987 21:44:00 -0000
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
To Rem at IMSSS:
The manual doesn't say as far as I can tell what OR is supposed to do
if one of the arguments doesn't return any values at all.
"If the caller of a function does not request multiple values, but the
called function returns multiple values, then the first value is given
to the caller and all the other values are discarded; if the called
function produces zero values, then the caller gets NIL as a value."
OR, COND, and friends do not expect multiple values from the sub-forms,
except in certain tail-recursive poisitions.
Seems pretty clear to me. Whether you like this behavior is another