[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
All arrays can be adjustable?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: All arrays can be adjustable?
- From: David L. Andre <DLA@DIAMOND.S4CC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 87 22:21 EDT
- Cc: email@example.com, DLA@DIAMOND.S4CC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: <8705200103.AA04735@orion.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 May 87 19:03:33 MDT
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandra J Loosemore)
It's definitely wrong for make-array to randomly return adjustable arrays
when the user doesn't specifically ask for them.
I don't think the issue is whether or not users can tell whether arrays
are simple or adjustable. The issue is what action CL primitives should
take with respect to extending arrays, if that would be a plausible
option of their contract.