[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Extension to MAP
- To: VERACSD@A.ISI.EDU
- Subject: Extension to MAP
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 87 17:05 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU, veracsd.rs@A.ISI.EDU
- In-reply-to: <[A.ISI.EDU]20-Mar-87 16:24:21.VERACSD>
Date: 20 Mar 1987 16:24-EST
I'd really like to see MAP take a sequence as its first
argument, and have the results be put into that sequence.
The first N elements of the sequence would be modified
where N is the min of the lengths of the argument sequences,
(including the sequence passed as the first arg).
This seems upward-compatible and easy to implement, and
would be extremely handy.
It sounds like a good idea, but what if the sequence is () ?