[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(THE (VALUES ...) ...) with &KEY
- To: Pavel.pa@XEROX.COM
- Subject: (THE (VALUES ...) ...) with &KEY
- From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1987 21:38:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of 24 Mar 1987 00:11-EST from Pavel.pa at Xerox.COM
In the context of FUNCTION types, these issues are discussed in the
cleanup list circulated by Guy way back when. He proposed that
keyword arguments be represented by a 2list of the keyword and the
type, and that the type specified for a rest arg would be the type of
the additional arguments rather than of the rest arg itself.
It is an open question whether we really want all this hair in the
VALUES type spec, but CLTL currently seems suggest that it is the same
as the FUNCTION type spec.