[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
fsymeval before arg-eval?
- To: cfry@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU, Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: fsymeval before arg-eval?
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 87 10:47 EST
- In-reply-to: <870123010757.0.CFRY@INTERCEPTOR.AI.MIT.EDU>
It has to get the definition out of the symbol first.
(Otherwise, how could it tell whether the form is a funtion call, or a
You're right that the definition of the language should clearly specify
that the function to be applied is the symbol-function contents before
evaluation of the arguments. That is, it is not correct to re-fetch the
contents of the cell after those evaluations.